Letter from Hind Khdan Mazdoor Federation to the Chairman of Coal India Limited
(MDO, i.e., Mine Development and Operation: Under this, the responsibility of developing and operating the mine is handed over to a private organization for a long duration.)
(Translation of Hindi)
- Chairman, Coal India Limited, Coal Bhawan, Rajarhat, Kolkata
- Chairman cum Managing Director, Singareni Collieries Company Limited, Kothagundam, Telangana.
Representatives of five central labor organizations working in the coal industry have jointly called for a 3-day strike in all the mines of Coal India Limited and its subsidiary companies and SCCL Telangana through notice dated 14-09-2023 on 5, 6 and 7 October 2023. Apart from the demands mentioned in the said notice, the following additional demands are presented for discussion in the meeting convened on 27-09-2023 in Delhi, with the Chairman in Scope Complex and with the Chief Labor Commissioner in Shramev Jayate Bhawan.
- Section 940 of NCWA should be continued as it is and the unannounced ban on it should be removed, the helpless handicapped workers, who have been lying in bed for years fighting for their lives after medical examination should be declared incompetent and the process of providing jobs to their dependents should be done twice a year as before.
- The increased amount of gratuity of Rs 20 lakh from 1.1.2017 should be implemented for the workers as it is for officers.
- Privatization of operating mines under MDO and revenue sharing should be stopped.
- The amount of pension should be increased.
Therefore, you are requested to include the above demands in the agenda of the meeting.
Chairman, HKMF (H.M.S)
- Chief Labor Commissioner (K), Ministry of Labor, Government of India, Shram Shakti Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi
- Director (Personnel), CIL, Kolkata
- All Chairman-cum-Managing Directors – SECL, WCL, MCL, NCL, BCCL, CCL, ECL, CMPDIL