Report by Kamgar Ekta Committee (KEC) correspondent
A gate meeting of nine major organizations of technical line staff employees of Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company was held at the Mahavitaran Parimandal Office at Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar. The meeting decided to intensify their struggle for fulfilment of demands.
A charter of demands was given to the Marathwada Regional Joint Managing Director and Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar Chief Engineer. Their major demands are:
- Line staff employees in Mahavitaran should be classified in Class 3. For that, the posts which have been canceled earlier, should be reinstated viz. Artisan A B C, Meter Tester Grade 1/2/3, Cable Jointer, Wireline Inspector & Wireline Construction Executive and other posts.
- The working hours of the line staff employees in the Mahavitaran company should be fixed.
- The nature of work of line staff employees in Mahavitaran companies should be determined.
- Transport fuel allowance of 20 liters should be given to the line-staff employees of Mahavitaran Company.
- A separate pay scale should be given to line-staff in Mahavitaran companies.
- Since recovery is a related work, responsibility should be fixed.
- Appropriate devices and materials should be provided for safety and line maintenance.
- Employees should be recruited through direct service recruitment instead of contract recruitment. Apart from this, some points/problems of the line staff should be resolved in the face-to-face discussion.
- On 25/10/2023 huge gate meetings in front of all Circle Offices across Maharashtra
- SIM bandh movement from 30/10/2023
- Collection stoppage from 6/11/2023
- Private vehicle use stoppage from 16/11/2023
- Stopping and black flagging all motor cycle units
- Non-Cooperation / Work Bandh Movement from 28/11/2023 to 30/11/2020
- Massive protest march on 1/12/2023 and 1-day dharna movement at Azad Maidan
- Indefinite death fast from 11/12/2023