Report received from Com. L. Mony, Central Working President, All India Loco Running Staff Association (AILRSA)
Meeting of AILRSA, Southern Railway
Decisions of Leaders Meet held at Erode on 26-10-2023
The meeting decided that from February 2024 onwards (exact date will be announced in the Right Proclamation convention)
- We will avail 40 hrs periodical rest.
- We will not work more than 10 hrs
- We will return to headquarters on completion of 48 hrs at outstation
- We will not work more than 2 continuous night duties provided the 3rd night duty is towards headquarters
- 17-11-2023 Divisional meeting at all divisions.
- Branch conventions: 03 to 05 Dec 2023 followed by individual inland letter campaign addressed to GM Southern Railway.
- 15-12-2023 onwards all running staff to record requirement of 40 hrs periodical rest in CMS.
- RIGHT PROCLAMATION convention on 10-01-2024 at Erode
AILRSA, Southern Railway calls upon its members not to work for more than 10 hrs from sign On, avail a weekly rest of 40 hrs i.e. 16 hrs daily rest + 24 hrs.
Return to Headquarters
After a stay of 48 hrs out of HQ, do not work more than two consecutive night duties to ensure safety of train operation.
As a part of the program Divisional meetings are called.
Above was a public meeting held at Calicut after the Divisional meeting of Palghat Division of Southern Railway. Similar Divisional meetings also ongoing in all the Divisions of Southern Railway.