The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given approval for the sale of a part of shares of LIC and for its listing on the stock market. The quantity of shares to be sold and its price will be decided by a group of ministers. The LIC Act of 1956 has already been amended so that the shares of LIC can be sold. The sale of shares is likely to take place during the Jan-Mar 2022 quarter. This is the first step towards privatisation of LIC.
- »One more step for the privatisation of the Indian Railways with the launch of private Bharat Gaurav trains
- »SRES Palakkad Division organised protests at many stations against the introduction of private train from Coimbatore to Shirdi
- »Oppose the Privatisation of Pawan Hans!
- »Biggest rail strike in 30 years in England
- »The central government again goes back on its promise to consult farmers and plans to pass the Electricity (Amendment) Bill 2021, without talking power employees and engineers