Letter by All India Power Engineers Federation (AIPEF) to the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh
Honourable Chief Minister Sir
Madhya Pradesh Government Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
Subject – Regarding the resolution of the legitimate demands of Madhya Pradesh Electricity Board Engineers Association and implementation of the written agreement dated 07.07.23 with the Energy Department and in relation to the indefinite work boycott taking place from 06 October.
- All India Power Engineer Federation would like to bring to your notice that Madhya Pradesh Electricity Board Engineers Association (which is the representative organization affiliated to All India Power Engineer Federation) had organized a one-day symbolic action to fulfil certain demands on 28/06/2023.
- Understanding the seriousness of the issue, on 07/07/2023 the Association was invited by the Principal Secretary, Energy, Madhya Pradesh Government, Bhopal to consider the demands and discuss with the representatives of Association. Thereafter, an agreement was reached between the Principal Secretary Energy and the Association on some issues, as a result of which the Association was given written assurance and assured of positive action on the demands within a month. In this sequence, the three-day strike was postponed by the Association.
- Sir, but with great regret I have to inform that till date after almost three months, no positive order has been issued by the Energy Department or the power companies on any demand.
- The Association had postponed the proposed three-day strike only after receiving written assurance from the higher officials of the Energy Department, but due to this type of unfair and opaque attitude, there is immense anger among the engineers of the state, hence, Madhya Pradesh Electricity Board Engineers Association, United Forum for Power Employees and Engineers and Power Engineers and Employees Association have jointly given notice of indefinite work boycott from 06 October 2023.
- All India Power Engineers Federation humbly requests you that understanding the seriousness of the matter, please take immediate effective intervention and direct the concerned authorities for proper resolution of the demands so that the legitimate problems of power engineers are resolved in time so that power sector of Madhya Pradesh can be saved from unnecessary industrial crisis
- We also want to inform you that if the power engineers of Madhya Pradesh are forced to start an indefinite work boycott from 06th October, then all the power engineers of all the provinces of the country will fully support the power engineers of Madhya Pradesh and during the work boycott, no power engineer from any State will cooperate in maintaining the power system in Madhya Pradesh, due to which the entire responsibility of the situation arising will be of Madhya Pradesh Government.
Respectfully presented before you in the hope of appropriate action.
- Honourable Energy Minister, Government of Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal
- Principal Secretary Energy, Government of Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal