Report by KEC correspondent
Many employees of the public sector General Insurance (PSGI) companies responded to the call given by the Nagpur Regional Unit of the Joint Forum of Trade Unions and Associations (JFTU) in PSGI companies, and participated in silent and peaceful dharnas in the cabins of the respective CMDs and regional-in-charges during lunch time on 29 December 2021. The office bearers of all the constituent organisations worked to ensure the success of their agitation.
The Convener of the JFTU Nagpur Regional Unit, Prashant Dixit, said that these actions took place in the cabin of the regional-in-charges of all four PSGI companies – the National Insurance Company Ltd, the New India Assurance Company Ltd, The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd and the United India Insurance Company Ltd. During their protest the employees displayed posters highlighting their demands:
• Repeal of the General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Amendment Bill (GIBNA), 2021.
• Early settlement of wage revision
• 1995 Pension Scheme to all by scrapping the National Pension Scheme (NPS)
• 30% uniform family pension
• Updating of basic pension
After the dharnas, a memorandum was submitted to the respective business-in- charges.