Report by Kamgar Ekta Committee (KEC) correspondent
Vidyut Karmachari Sanyukt Sangharsh Samiti Uttar Pradesh has decided to suspend their indefinite stir for 15 days after a discussion with the power minister and receiving a written agreement on their demands on 3 November 2022.
Shri Shailendra Dubey, Chairman of All India Power Engineers Federation and Coordinator of Vidyut Karmachari Sanyukt Sangharsh Samiti said that some the important demands agreed are:
- Staff of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited would be given three promotions after 9, 14, 17 years of service.
- There would be no outsourcing for operation of 220 kV, 400kV and 765 kV power substations and transformer workshop.
- The process of selection of new UPPCL chairman and managing director would be completed soon by a selection committee, led by chef secretary-level officer.
- Power Sector Employees Protection Act would be implemented at the earliest.
- Facilities for cashless treatment of power staff in government medical institutions would start at the earliest. Arrangement for cashless treatment in private hospitals will be implemented through bilateral talks.
- All allowances in power corporation would be revised through bilateral talks
- Pending production incentives in thermal power stations will be paid.
- There will be no change in the system of subsidized electricity which is being provided to staff and pensioners.
- Wage discrepancies of all categories of power staff will be resolved through bilateral talks in three months.
- All FIRs lodged against power staff since 202 due to protest would be withdrawn and suspension as well as termination orders would be revoked. All penal actions taken against engineers during the current strike would be revoked.