Report by Kamgar Ekta Committee (KEC) correspondent
The Apex Joint Consultative Committee (JCC) meeting of Coal India Limited (CIL) was held on 27 December 2022 at CIL Headquarters in Kolkata. The Apex JCC meeting was chaired by Shri Pramod Agarwal, Chairman, CIL.
On behalf of trade unions, Shri Lakshma Reddy (BMS), Shri Nathulal Pandey (HMS), Shri Ramendra Kumar (AITUC), Shri D.D. Ramanandan (CITU) and Shri K. Pandey (CMOAI) participated in the meeting.
Shri K. Lakshma Reddy put forth the following demands:
1. It is good and commendable that Coal India Company is producing more coal for the country and making profits. The main stakeholders (permanent and contract workers) should be given their share in the profits.
2. To avoid industrial unrest, a meeting of JBCCI should be convened immediately to settle issues amicably.
3. Following steps should be taken for contract workers.
(3.1) Biometric attendance should be taken and the record should be maintained by both CIL and the contractor.
(3.2) Wages should be paid strictly.
(3.3) PLR should be paid every year.
(3.4) Medical facilities should also be provided to their family members.
(3.5) CMPF should be deducted from them.
(3.6) The concerned General Managers may be made responsible for implementation.
4. If both the spouses are employees, after the retirement of the husband, they should not be directed to vacate the quarters.
5. Measures should be taken to control dust pollution in Kusmunda (SECL) and similar regions. Road transport should be minimal.
After the meeting, CIL Chairman announced that the 8th JBCCI meeting will be held on 3rd January 2023 at CIL headquarters, Kolkata.