Report of Bhartiya Pratiraksha Mazdoor Sangh (BPMS)
On the arrival of Hon’ble Minister of State for Defence Shri Ajay Bhatt at Ordnance Factory Khamaria, Jabalpur, a delegation of the workers’ union handed over a memorandum of 5 demands. The memorandum included demands for withdrawal of corporatization of ordnance factories, cancellation of New Pension Scheme and restoration of Old Pension Scheme, and early decision on cases of compassionate appointments.
The delegation included BPMS Joint Secretary Rupesh Pathak, Kamgar Union President Rajendra Chadaria, and General Secretary Premlal Sen.
(English translation of Hindi letter)
Kamgar Union, Ordnance Factory, Khamaria, Jabalpur
Hon’ble Shri Ajay Bhatt ji
Secretary of State for Defence
Government of India, New Delhi
The union draws your attention to the following demands and requests their resolution.
1. We completely disagree with the decision of the Government of India to divide all the ordnance factories of the country into seven DPSUs and declare them as corporations.
2. Cases of compassionate appointment pending across the country in ordnance factories should be resolved at the earliest.
3. National Pension System should be withdrawn and all employees should be taken under the Old Pension Scheme.
4. Recruitment on vacant posts in ordnance factories should be started soon.
5. Military supplies produced by ordnance factories should be given priority. Ordnance equipment should be purchased from other institutions only after obtaining a no objection certificate.