Report by A. Venu Madhav, Branch Vice President, AITUC and Vice president, Singareni Retired Employees Association, Hyderabad
On 8th February morning, Singareni Collieries Workers Union (AITUC) conducted a dharna for the following demands and submitted to authorities.
1. The 4 Singareni coal blocks auctioned by the Central Government should be cancelled and allotted to Singareni.
2. Start new underground mines and create job opportunities.
3. Income tax on purses paid to workers should be paid by Singareni management as in Coal India.
4. CMPF and pension payments should be applied to workers who have reached retirement age 61.
5. Date of Circular issued imposing restrictions on leave. 05.01.2022 should be cancelled immediately and continue as before.
6. Underground Job Unfit Mining, Tradesemans and E.P. Operators should be provided with Surface Same Job (Suitable Job).
7. Clerical and paramedical vacancies should be filled by internal candidates.
8. The High-Power Committee must pay wages to contract workers.
9. Ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh for contract workers and Rs 1 crore for permanent workers who died in a fatal accident.
10. As Singareni Company has paid Rs.500 crore to Godavari khani Government Medical College, 30 per cent seats should be reserved for children of Singareni workers.
11. Workers should be allowed to implement their own home plan.
12. Surplus quarters in areas should be given to retired workers.
13. The age of children of workers for job should be increased from 35 years to 40 years and they should be given the opportunity to get dependent employment.
14. Specialist doctors should be appointed in all area hospitals in Singareni.
15. Recovery of medical bills of workers referred to Higher Medical Centers should not be done.
16. Coal extraction work in underground and open casts should be done only by permanent workers.