Message from Com. Krushna Bhoyar, General Secretary, Maharashtra State Electricity Workers Federation
(English translation of message from Marathi)
Maharashtra State Electricity Workers Federation (MSEWF) meeting was held in presence of Central Office Bearers, Zone President / Secretary, Central Executive Members and Circle Secretary Officials online on 1st Mar’22. The meeting was chaired by Com. Mohan Sharma, President of the Federation. 92 office bearers were present online at the meeting.
The meeting was started by Com. Krushna Bhoyar, Central General Secretary of the organization. He informed everyone about the decisions taken in the Panvel meeting. Com. Mohan Sharma shared information about All India Level Strike. Com. Mahesh Jotirao gave detailed information about the new recruitment.
The following decisions were taken in the meeting:
- After discussing the preparations for the morcha organized by Sangharsh Samiti at Azad Maidan on 9th March 2022, it was decided to involve thousands of workers in the Mumbai Morcha.
- For the demands mentioned in the letter of Maharashtra State Electricity Workers, Engineers, Officers Struggle Committee, it was decided to make the nationwide strike on 28th and 29th March a success with great force.
- Informing the office bearers about the decision taken at the All India Electricity Employees Federation Lucknow meeting, President Mohan Sharma ji gave detailed information about how the central government is privatizing electricity distribution in the Union Territories like Pondicherry, Chandigarh, Diu, Daman, Nagar-Haveli etc. at the national level.
Millions of power workers and engineers from across the country will take part in a nationwide strike on March 28 and 29 to protest against the privatization of power sector across the country, led by the All India Electricity Employees Federation.
- On 02.03.2022, all the zonal secretaries held an online meeting with the branch office bearers in their zone at 7.00 pm and informed all the members and office bearers about the decisions taken in today’s meeting. It was decided to ensure participation of a large number of members and office bearers in Mumbai Morcha on 9th March.
- Contact the local office bearers of the contract and outsourced workers who are members of union and get them involved in the Mumbai Morcha.
- On 4th and 5th March, the process of checking the electrical assistant documents will be done in 16 zonal offices in Maharashtra. Therefore, it was decided that the office bearers of the zone and circle should be present at the zonal office as much as possible to help the new electrical assistants.
- Online meeting of Central, Zone and Board office bearers will be held on 04.03.2022 at 7.00 pm online and preparations for Morcha will be assessed.
- Physical meeting of Central office bearers on 19.03.2022 will be held in Kolhapur; Central office bearers should participate in this meeting.
- On 20th March 2022 Datta Deshmukh Progressive Thought Forum Awards Ceremony has been organized in Kolhapur. Anyone who can participate in this ceremony, should do so.
Com. Krushna Bhoyar
Maharashtra State Electricity Workers Federation
Chairman / Executive Chairman / Vice Chairman / Additional General Secretary / Deputy Secretary / Joint Secretary / Central Executive Member / Central Adviser, Zonal Chairman / Secretary and Circle Secretary.