Call of Maharashtra Rajya Veej Kamgar, Abhiyante, Adhikari Sangharsh Samiti
(English Translation of Call in Marathi)
Maharashtra Rajya Veej Kamgar, Abhiyante, Adhikari Sangharsh Samiti (Maharashtra State Electricity Employees, Engineers, Officers Struggle Committee)
Very important instructions and decisions taken in 18 December meeting of the Sangharsh Committee regarding the agitation starting from 19.12.2022
All the 30 organizations working in the electricity industry of Maharashtra state have come together and sounded a war cry to protest against the Adani Electrical Limited Navi Mumbai’s request for parallel power distribution license in the areas of Thane, Mulund, Bhandup, Navi Mumbai, Panvel, Kharghar, Uran, Taloja in the Bhandup circle, which is under the jurisdiction of the Mahavitaran Company (MSEDCL or Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd.).
Congratulations to all the members and office bearers of all the organizations in Maharashtra for the huge response in the programs organized by the Sangharsh Samiti.
This fight is not for any financial demand of the electricity workers, but to assert that the electricity industry owned by 16 crore people and 2 crore 88 lakh electricity consumers of the state should survive and the rights and interests of the electricity consumers should be protected. This is why the struggle has been started by the committee. During the initial phase, we have created huge awareness among the electricity workers, engineers and officers and people representatives by holding door meetings, and by giving statements to the public representatives. We can only appreciate you for meeting the people’s representatives in Maharashtra and raising this issue. We are constantly trying to ensure that this fight is not limited to the electricity workers’ unions but should involve the consumers as well.
Today on 18.12.2022, all office bearers participating in the Sangharsh Committee had an online meeting. According to the campaign decided by the Sangharsh Committee a non-cooperation movement will start from 19 December. According to that decision, the following program should be implemented:
1) Privatization by any method will not be tolerated in any area under the Mahavitaran Company. In this regard, the written statements of the MPs, MLAs, Zilla Parishad Chairman and Members, Panchayat Committee Chairman and Members, Gram Panchayat Sarpanch and Members as well as Municipal Corporation Mayors and Members, Municipal Council Mayors and Members should be sent to the Electricity Regulatory Commission before 26.12.2022.
2) Office bearers of all the organizations participating in the Sangharsh Committee should hold online meetings of all their office bearers and make preparations with full strength for the Nagpur Morcha on 23.12. 2022. Without giving any excuses, any vehicles that can be got should be used to reach Indora Chowk Maidan, Kamthi Road Nagpur by 11.00 am.
3) Information should be published everywhere in the name of Sangharsh Samiti about the loss electricity consumers would suffer if license for parallel distribution is given.
4) The Nagpur office bearers of organizations participating in the Sangharsh Committee should organize a press conference and give information about the march.
5) The stand of the Action Committee should be conveyed every day from tomorrow via Twitter to the Chief Minister, Deputy Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition every day (the message will be prepared)
The work stoppage campaign starting from 19.12.2022 is as follows:
a) The work of electricity bill collection, and the work of catching electricity theft should be completely stopped in Maharashtra.
b) Not to attend any meeting called by the officers of the three companies.
c) No one should stay in the office except during office working hours.
d) The employees, officers and engineers of Mahanirmiti (Mahagenco or Maharashtra Generation Company) and Mahapareshan (Maha Transco or Maharashtra Transmission Company) companies should wear black ribbons and start a non-cooperation movement against the management.
e) Since this movement is for the rights of electricity consumers, we should take care that electricity consumers do not face any kind of trouble.
Apart from this message, agitation should not be done on the basis of any wrong message.
Save Energy Sector, Save Maharashtra!
Maharashtra Rajya Veej Kamgar, Abhiyante, Adhikari Sangharsh Samiti